Robot Development Kit
For an overview of the Viam platform, see Viam in 3 minutes.
Viam’s Robot Development Kit (RDK) is the open-source, on-robot portion of the Viam platform, that provides
viam-server and the Go SDK.
viam-server is responsible for:
- All gRPC and WebRTC communication
- Connecting robots to the cloud
- Loading and managing connections to hardware components
- Running built-in services
- Managing configured processes
- Connecting to other parts of your robot
Access and control your robot or fleet with the SDKs' client libraries for the resource and robot APIs.
Have questions, or want to meet other people working on robots? Join our Community Discord.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! If you have any other feedback please let us know:
We're sorry about that. To help us improve, please tell us what we can do better: