Robot Development Kit
For an overview of the Viam platform, see Viam in 3 minutes.
Viam’s Robot Development Kit (RDK) is the open-source, on-robot portion of the Viam platform, that provides
viam-server and the Go SDK.
viam-server is responsible for:
- All gRPC and WebRTC communication
- Connecting robots to the cloud
- Loading and managing connections to hardware components
- Running built-in services
- Managing configured processes
- Connecting to other parts of your robot
Have questions, or want to meet other people working on robots? Join our Community Discord.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! If there is anything we could be doing better, please create an issue.
We're sorry about that. If you'd like to talk to us for help, please join the Community Discord. To ensure we know what's wrong with this page, you can also open an issue.