Robot Development Kit
An overview of Viam’s Robot Development Kit (RDK).
Make sure to understand the Viam high-level overview first.
Viam’s RDK is the open-source, on-robot portion of the Viam platform, that provides viam-server and the Go SDK.
viam-server is responsible for:
- All gRPC and WebRTC communication
- Connecting robots to the cloud
- Loading and managing connections to hardware components
- Running built-in services
- Managing configured processes
- Connecting to other parts of your robot
The RDK provides the Go SDK.